Machine Workshop Outdoor Area
The Machine Workshop Outdoor Area adjoins the Machine Workshop space and can be used for various activities.
The Machine Workshop Outdoor Area is a paved semi-covered area approximately 10m x 7m. This space has workbenches and can be used for timber and metal projects. Due to its proximity to the Machine Workshop you will have access to the power tools from the workshop plus easy access to the machinery if your build requires modification.
Machine Workshop Outdoor Area pinned with the green dot
The paved area outside the Machine workshop has a small amount of protection, so rain, wind and dust, may affect your working area and work pieces.
To gain access to the Machine Workshop, complete the appropriate Levels of Induction (Level 00, 01 and 02) and you will gain access to the space during the Machine Workshop opening hours: 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
The Machine Workshop Outdoor Area is part of the Machine Workshop space, so any rules that are applied within the Machine Workshop space, are also applied to the Machine Workshop Outdoor Area.
The following rules for the Machine Workshop Outdoor Area must be adhered to at all times:
- Level 2 Inductions are required for access.
- Completion of appropriate inductions will be monitored by Workshop staff.
- Wear the appropriate PPE worn at all times, as required by the Machine Workshop:
- Close-toe shoes
- Safety glasses
- Ear muffs/ ear plugs
- No concrete grinding or concrete drilling is allowed in this area.
- Be respectful of others in the vicinity - notify anyone nearby if you will be carrying out fabrication processes that might disturb others.
- All Machine Workshop power tools and hand tools are allowed in this outdoor area ONLY.
- Tools, workpieces and personal items must not be left unattended - the area is open to the outside so any items left are your responsibility.
- Work areas, floor and workbenches must be swept and cleaned after each use.
- All power tools, hand tools must be packed up as follows:
- After use. Do not leave any tools, work and other items unattended.
- At lunch time between 12pm - 1pm Monday - Friday
- Before the end of the day, by 5pm Monday - Friday